The Oven has baked its last loaf. This blog is no longer being updated.

My cooking videos appear at youtube.com/janeragavan

I write on food at star2.com

Black sesame and chocolate twist

Thursday, October 31, 2013

BLACK SESAME AND CHOCOLATE TWIST 
I noticed that the black sesame paste (from yesterday's post) that I had made months ago (it keeps well!) was still in the fridge, and I needed to use it up. After weeks of not having much time and only cooking daily meals, I have plunged elbow deep into dough with a vengeance this past week, and so decided to use the sesame paste as a filling for a loaf. 
Since I couldn't leave well enough alone, I added some black-and-white mini chocolate chips to the filling.
The next few posts will be scheduled as I may not be able to blog for some time. And this would be a good time to clean up my Draft folder in Blogger, so these posts will just have a short intro with a picture and recipe. I've had some drafts for over a year!

Black Sesame and Chocolate Twist
Makes 1 large loaf. Serves 10

½ batch basic sweet dough
¼ cup mini chocolate chips

Line base and sides of a large loaf tin with parchment paper.
Roll out the dough into a 20cm by 25cm rectangle. Spread with sesame spread and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
Beginning from one long end, roll up into a tight Swiss roll. Slice through the middle of the roll lengthwise into two. With the cut side up, twist them together into a rope. Place in the prepared tin, cover and leave to rise to the top of the tin.
Alternatively, shape it into a round like this Russian Rose Braid.
Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake the bread, 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are welcome and appreciated. Have a nice day!